Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Do I need to claim my stimulus check received in 2008 as income on my tax return?

What do I do with the $600 of Stimulus money I received from the federal government in 2008?

Good news......Nothing! Unlike tax year 2007 where you had to claim your tax rebate, the 2008 stimulus check is tax free. Some tax software programs will ask you to fill in a question on the amount of your stimulus check, but it won’t increase your adjusted gross income (AGI). That is a good thing. So enjoy that money tax free!

No comments:

Post a Comment